- DAY : Canceled
- HEURE : 10:00 am to 5:00 pm
- PUBLIC : Family
- LANGUE : français, anglais
- TARIF : included with admission
A thematic day for the whole family to learn everything about the transformation of wool, from the sheep to the ceinture fléchée (arrow sash).
The shearer shears the sheep’s fleece with blade shears. Various wool washing methods are then used before the wool can be carded and spun by spinners.
See plant-based dying demonstrations by an expert. The weaver employs old-fashioned weaving techniques and the sash weaver works the threads as she explains the secrets of making a ceinture fléchée.
Also on the program:
- Musical Conversation at 11:00 a.m.
- Garden Tours at 11:15 a.m., 3:15 p.m.
- Demonstration of Old-fashioned Crafts